Hello, i did tests with PN and like you i noticed that that even with good calibration, there seems to be offset, mainly i guess in the hands/palms. For example:
1) If i wanna clamp my hands/palms together the palms go through each other (intersect of around 15-20cm).
2) If i wanna touch with my palms my knees the palms dont touch my knees but stop lets say 10-20 cm or so in front of the knees.
3) If i wanna touch with my index finger my nouse for example, there is again some offset and the index finger doesnt touch my nose, but stay around 15 cm in front of the nose to the left for example)
4) Etc. other issues with "offset" of the hands or how to call it...
As far as i understand this is somehow the limitation of innertial mocap in general, not just PN? I have 2 questions:
1) Isnt it possible to fix this somehow with additional optional calibration poses? Like for exampel touching my nouse, touching my knees etc. and PN could during the recording or even after it fix it somehow? Correct the offset using the additional optional calibration posses? Would it be possible, is Noitom planning something like this?
2) If not 1, how to fix this offset in some 3D animation/modeling package afterwards, with maximum efficiency? The easiest way would be according to me the useage of animation layers (i think they are in motionbuilder, maya, max and other software)? Just create additional layer and in it move the hand/palm where it should be in the problematic part of mocap clip. Then blend both anim. layers together? Im not an animator, so im asking someone with experience with animating and mocap. Is this the best/easiest/quickest/efficient way to fix the offset issue? If not, which one is?
Thank you for tips/tricks! :-)