CAUTION: POOR QUALITY OF DATA ACQUISITION
PERCEPTION NEURON is a high precision measurement device that relies on sensitive gyroscopes, magnetometers and accelerometers. Handling, usage and environmental factors may affect quality of data aqcuisition. If this occurs, please move your system to a new location and/or follow the procedure in the manual to RESTART your system.
The following are known factors that can affect sensor data acquisition:
- Extreme angular motion exceeding 2000 degrees per second (if this occurs, the sensors will reset automatically after a few seconds at rest).
- High impact or rapid movement exceeding 16 G (if this occurs, the sensors will reset automatically after a few seconds at rest).
- More than 60 seconds of rapid movements and/or large dynamics that do not exceed angular motion of 2000 degrees per second and/or 16 G. (If this occurs, abnormal or error accumulation may occur. Please RESTART your system.)
- Environments with large amounts of ferrous metal (steel) in the structure such as steel columns, steel flooring, steel structures.
- Use inside enclosed metal structures such as cars, airplanes and boats.
When the PERCEPTION NEURON sensors are not used, ensure that the sensors are stored in the provided silicon steel case for storage and transportation, and away from sources with strong magnetism and/or magnetic fields.
CAUTION: RISK OF SENSOR MALFUNCTION
The PERCEPTION NEURON sensors are susceptible to exposure to artificial magnetic fields (active magnetic fields) which may cause their internal sensors to become magnetized. Sensor magnetization may cause misreadings, deteriorated data or failure of the system. PREVENT SENSOR MAGNETIZATION BY AVOIDING EXPOSURE, ESPECIALLY PROLONGED, TO ARTIFICIAL MAGNETIC FIELDS SUCH AS:
- Motors and generators (3ft/1m)
- Any types of magnets or electro-magnets (3ft/1m)
- Power boxes and high voltage lines (+6ft/2m)
- Speakers, refrigerators, compressors, A/C units (3ft/1m)
- Extended close proximity to computers, keyboards, mouse, headphones, televisions
If you suspect you have magnetized sensors, follow the diagnosis procedures in the manual. If you confirm magnetization, proceed with the de-magnetization and re-calibration procedure as instructed in our manual.
Please note that damage from magnetization is not covered under the product warranty. You may be required to replace or have your system repaired at your own cost if this occurs. Please take care of your equipment.
WARNING: RISK OF PERMANENT DAMAGE TO PERCEPTION NEURON SYSTEM FROM IMPACT
The PERCEPTION NEURON sensors, connectors, cables and hub can be permanently damaged if exposed to a strong impact, crushing force or excessively large movements. THIS TYPE OF DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE PRODUCT WARRANTY. You may be required to replace or have your system repaired at your own cost if this occurs.
PROPER MAINTENANCE, STORAGE AND USE
- When the PERCEPTION NEURON sensors are not used, ensure that the sensors are placed in the provided sensor case for storage and transportation, and away from any artificial magnetic field.
- Store this product within the temperature range of 0 - 44°C (32 -112°F). Use this product within the temperature range of 0 - 35C (32 -95°F). Temperatures outside the range may cause damage to the Product.
- Do not disassemble the sensor, connector or the hub. There are no user-serviceable parts inside.
- Do not place any naked flame sources on or near the Product.
- Do not expose the Product to rain, moisture, dripping, splashing or liquids of any kind or high humidity environment – it may cause failure, fire hazard and/ or electrical shock.
- Do not allow children or animals to get near the Product. Inappropriate handling of the Product may lead to electric shock or other injuries such as strangulation or chocking.